Basic rules for installing solar panels
In recent years, there has been an increase in demand for solar-powered power supply systems. This technology has been known to the world since 1960, but for a long time it was used only in industry. Now they are successfully receiving electricity from solar panels and ordinary citizens. The advantages of using this technology in residential buildings are obvious:
- Ecological purity of the method of obtaining energy;
- Solar panels do not emit harmful substances;
- This energy source is sufficiently durable;
- With the help of solar panels you can save money.
Before buying a solar power system, you need to think through all the details:
- The location where the panels will be located should be accessible, as it is necessary to periodically clean the panel surfaces;
- Think about fixing the panels;
- Calculate the coverage area and the number of modules required;
- You need to calculate the amount that you have to spend;
- You can also immediately think of a way of future recycling of dead panels;
- Finally, you should carefully prepare for the installation.
It depends on the type and performance of the panels. You can choose both cheap and expensive models. Installation will require investments, but you have to pay for everything only once, because monthly you do not have to pay for electricity. Similar costs pay off in about 3-5 years.
Solar panels like cleanliness, on their surface there should not be a thick layer of dust, foliage, snow and other contaminants. Because of the plaque, the modules will absorb less sunlight and this will reduce their performance by about 10%. Wash panels can be made from a hose with a nozzle at least 4 times a year, but if there are dusty construction work in your area, you'll have to wash the modules a couple of times a month.
Pay attention to how much sunlight gets to your site. If there is enough light, then safely choose the most convenient place, and if in the yard there are a lot of trees casting a shadow, they will have to cut down or remove some branches.
The sun's rays should fall on the panel 6 hours a day, this will be enough. But if the house is surrounded by tall buildings, it is better to abandon this venture.
What area should be covered with panels
To determine the size of the area you need to calculate how much electricity you consume. To do this, you just look at the electricity bill and calculate how much kW you spend in 24 hours. After that, compare your indicators with the characteristics of different types of solar panels and choose the most suitable ones. Accordingly, the higher the flow, the more panels you need to install or choose more expensive and more efficient.
As a rule, preference is given to installation on the roof. This method is less expensive, because it does not have to build special retaining structures. The roofing should not be dark, otherwise they will become very hot. To avoid overheating, they should be installed at a distance of not less than 10 centimeters from the roof surface, so they will be cooled by the flow of air under them. Panels are always installed at an angle, the angle of which depends on the geographical location of your residence.
- Panels should be installed on inclined surfaces so that the sun's rays hit them at least 5-6 hours a day;
- It is necessary to avoid overheating of the modules, as their performance decreases;
- The accompanying equipment must be installed in a separate room;
- For installation, you need to know the basics of the electrician or contact our highly qualified specialists.
After the installation is completed, a guarantee is given on the panel and the work done.
Solar modules have a long service life, about 30-50 years. Exposed panels are sent for recycling, where they are used to extract useful elements for further use.