Modules of this type are made of monocrystalline silicon, which is actively used in power engineering because of its technical and technological qualities. Monocrystal has the highest efficiency for one square meter. In the manufacture of an element, a small amount is required.
A single crystal of silicon is a very accessible material, on the basis of which photocells are produced. The technology is well mastered, but this process is quite laborious.
First of all, it is necessary to grow single-crystal silicon from raw materials, which has very high density and lattice characteristics of the crystal lattice.
Then follows the process of manufacturing panels from sliced into thin slabs of silicon ingots of cylindrical shape. Cut billets to improve performance and reduce energy costs. In the course of this process, the appearance of the photocells is formed, so they are all the same. The laboriousness of the process causes high prices for solar panels.
The solar battery of this type has a coating of anti-glare glass on the entire surface. It is hermetically sealed by lamination.
The design has at least 24 photocells and a rigid frame with rounded corners. The battery is characterized by a monophonic blue or black color. Double-sided panels are also manufactured. These products have their own line of sizes, they are compact, but they are not inferior to full-size analogues in power. For example, the power of a 13-centimeter panel is 2.0-2.5 watts.
This variety of panels converts sunlight into electricity. For their effective application it is necessary to approach the installation competently. In many countries, panels are installed directly on the roof, but sometimes they are also located under a certain slope to the sun, depending on the latitude. In this situation, sunlight will be on the surface of the modules most of the time. If the panel is installed on the roof, it is important to pay attention to the already existing structures on the roof and properly reinforce it.
Advantages of single-crystal solar panels:
- First of all, this is a very high efficiency, which the manufacturers of these devices have achieved by structuring the material. The efficiency of these batteries is about 20%.
- A source of energy is always available (the sun).
- Modules are environmentally friendly.
- The panels are small in size. If we compare them with polycrystalline analogs, we can see that to obtain 10-15 W of energy, a much smaller monocrystalline battery is sufficient.
- These panels have a long service life. If properly applied, it will serve for about 30 years and its wear will be minimal
- They have high resistance to mechanical damage, as well as resistance to weather conditions.
- The plus is their modularity, if you need to increase the energy costs do not have to change, and you just need to add a certain number of modules
Disadvantages of single-crystal panels:
- Panels of this type are quite expensive. If you first need a long life and high quality of the device, it makes sense to purchase single-crystal elements.
- If the surface of the panels gets dirty, it may lose its performance, but this is easily eliminated. Also, the efficiency is reduced if the shadow falls on the surface of the batteries. In winter, the modules are inefficient due to the large amount of snow, so they will have to be used together with alternative energy sources and periodically cleaned.
- To accommodate a large number of panels, a lot of free territory is required.
- For all their environmental friendliness, monocrystalline panels contain toxic substances, because of which the issue of their safe use and disposal remains open.
With the help of these elements, you can charge different types of batteries. Using monocrystalline solar panels will significantly save energy costs. Thanks to this, solar energy in most countries of the world becomes one of the main sources of electricity.
In the UAE, these technologies have already gained popularity.
Monocrystalline panels are an advantageous acquisition.