Recently, solar panels have become actively gaining popularity. More and more consumers prefer autonomous power supply because of its availability and economy. The use of solar panels is very convenient in places where there are problems with the supply of electricity. For example, it can be a country house. The efficiency of the modules of this variety depends on the material and the type of production.
The process of manufacturing a film-type panel (Amorphous modules)
Film panels are produced by spraying materials onto a flexible polymer substrate. Elements are applied layer by layer, uniformly and densely. This is a rather complicated process. Depending on the technology, two methods of deposition are used: ionic and high-vacuum.
The average efficiency of such elements is about 15-18%. Recently, the suspension method has been used. It consists in the deposition of diselenides by printing. With this approach, glass or plastic is used as the basis. Production by this type is less expensive and problems with the heterogeneity of the application do not arise.
The average efficiency of the elements produced by this method is lower, it is 10-14%.
Produce film modules of three types from different materials:
- Cadmium telluride. His research dates back to the 1970s. During the research it was found out that this material has good light absorption. Nowadays, cadmium telluride is one of the most promising components for the production of film solar panels. Cadmium is a cumulative poison, but the release of toxic substances into the atmosphere is so small that there is no need to worry about harm to health. The efficiency of the panels of this material is 10%.
- Copper-indium selenide. Semiconductors are copper, indium and selenium. Often in the manufacture of indium is replaced with gallium, since these substances have similar properties. This is done to save. The efficiency of panels with this composition reaches 17-20%.
- Polymers. Used in production relatively recently. The constituent elements of such solar panels are organic semiconductors, copper phthalocyanine, carbon fullerene. Advantages are low cost, environmental friendliness and accessibility. The efficiency is small and varies from 5 to 7%.
The uniqueness of amorphous panels is the ability to function on cloudy days, with insufficient direct sunlight, panels generate energy 13% higher than normal.
Perhaps in the near future this will allow them to take the leading place in the market. Such devices are ideal for regions with increased nebula, mostly cloudy weather and other weather conditions unfit for solar panels.
Advantages of film modules:
- availability of the energy source;
- Non-stop work;
- they can be applied in any regions and are not dependent on weather conditions;
- low cost;
- roll films can be cut, customized to any size and shape;
- film modules can be placed on curved surfaces;
For this type of panels there is no mandatory agreement for use, in several regions there are subsidies when using these power supplies.
- Low efficiency (relatively);
- Elements of this type are unprofitable to use in compact systems;
- Requires continuous maintenance and cleaning of contaminants;
- At high temperatures, performance is reduced.
Be careful that the panel does not fall shadow from the trees, if this can not be avoided, then you have to remove the interference. For all other devices have to allocate space. Establish this design could our highly qualified specialists.
The film panels are placed under the hardened transparent glass and used in automotive and architecture.
You can buy film solar panels in our company.
For home equipment, such a power supply system will require investment of funds, but soon the investments will pay off. In the face of ever-rising tariffs for electricity, this will happen even faster than you expect.